Saturday, June 18, 2005

Angels 2; Marlins 1 ......... White Sox 5; Dodgers 3 ...... Cog Hill 1; Me 0

Missed the Angels game, except for a few innings of the radio feed, for a couple of reasons. Lots of traffic coming back from Cog Hill, and left early to tailgate before the Sox game (which didn't happen, also becuase of traffic). Also, any saturday games on the regular Fox will be missed because MLB is stupid. Not much to say on that other than what everyone already knows. Vlad is awesome. The bullpen is getting it done. Lackey is starting to really put it together.

As for Sox-Dodgers, I was pulling for the Sox, or rather, against the Dodgers. Dessens was very sharp, and Sanchez was blowing it by the Sox. Freddie Garcia got in a lot of early trouble, but ended up pitching pretty well. Brazoban was not good. And can someone explain the inexplicable defense by the Dodgers that allowed Willie Harris to practically walk to second base after pinch running for Carl Everett? I will say, it was nice of the Sox to provide me with a walk off home run, since I missed Vlad's. Too bad it had to be from Pierszynski, who's a dick.

My round at Dubsdread? Hit the ball OK to good, couldn't putt (although it was an improvement over Coyote Crossing), but mostly couldn't get up and down, which means I couldn't score (86). Exorcised some demons on 5, 9, and 11, finished with some good drives, and aboslutely BOMBED a couple of two irons off the tee on 8 and 16. I'm talking 240 or so with the two iron. So there were some encouraging signs, and there are a lot of places I can make up strokes when I head back in July. Those greens have me psyched out, though. Especially when the pin placements are as stupid as some were today (#14, I'm looking in your direction). My buddy had a four footer for birdie after hitting a beautiful four iron (I hit five iron, because I'm so fucking long). He barely missed and was left with a 20 footer for par. That's just dumb. Anyway, time to hit the range and work on a few things before the next trip.

No comments: