Saturday, August 13, 2005

Still at work

Listened to most of it, until it got out of hand. At that point I stopped paying attention and started listening to the stuff you see on the right sidebar.

Nice job of picking up for some mistakes early, as Cabrera committed the cardinal sin of getting picked off with one out, a man on third, and Vlad at the plate. They still got two runs out of the inning, no thanks to O-Cab.

Figgins powered up for a homer and three more hits. Need those guys at the top of the lineup to get on base, especially with Vlad red hot and Anderson not completely sucking at the moment. It looks like Oakland's going to win again, so we do all this again tomorrow, when I might be golfing if it's not raining. But maybe not.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In the long run, I'm rooting for Oakland. However, that can wait. The most important thing is to leave the Yankees dead, buried and with a stake through their heart. Oakland, anaheim, boston and Toronto should win as many games as possible.

I wish I had any hopes that the Jays might overtake the Red Sox and leave both New York and Boston out of the playoffs, but it ain't going to happen.

Seitz said...

Toronto has the best run differential in the division. Wonder what the problem is. I put the question out to Keith Law, so I'll see what he has to say.

And just for that crap about Oakland, I'm not rooting for the Red Wings this year, mister.

Unknown said...

And just for that crap about Oakland, I'm not rooting for the Red Wings this year, mister.

Even if it would keep the Ducks out of the playoffs?