Thursday, May 12, 2005

Escobar to the DL

This just gets better and better, don't it? Double whammy, as he's the only player from the Angels on my fantasy team. Still, it's pretty impressive to get nine k's with a messed up arm.

So who replaces him? The Rev's got a thread and poll over at Halo's Heaven. I can't imagine that they'll go to the four man rotation. I think Gregg is the most likely candidate, because it fits pretty well with the safe route that management likes to take in these types of situations. Personally, I'd give Bootcheck a shot. Let him sink or swim. They've been waiting long enough, he's been solid this year. Let's see if he can earn a role. Woods looks like the other candidate, but I like his left arm in the pen. I see it like this:

Gregg: 2 to 1
Bootcheck: 6 to 1
Woods: 10 to 1
Four man: 50 to 1
Santana: 200 to 1

No comments: