Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Day Game

Have I mentioned how much I hate day games? Well, I do. At least on weekdays. I'll semi live-blog this one while I'm still around. I'm meeting my cousin for dinner at 5:30 CDT, so I'll probably miss the end.

  • Nice start by Kelvim. That's 8 of the last 9 outs by Angels pitchers recorded by way of the strike-out. Shields struck out the side in the 8th last night, Frankie K'd 2, and Kelvim matched Shields in the first today.
  • Finley batting second? I can't argue with it. Let's hope it shakes some things up. Hey, he's in scoring position, so......GA base knock brings the run home, and HEY!!! two games in a row with a lead in the first inning. It must feel like hitting the lottery for Kelvim.
  • The OC gets a hit! That makes him one for last 19 (and by implication, 2 for his last 20).
  • Erstad with the day off. Probably a good idea. You figure it can't hurt, but then again, you just hope it's not one of those days that an error at first, or a ball that isn't scooped, doesn't cost you the game.
  • Pitch out on a two one count following a walk. We'll see if Kelvim can pitch around it.
  • One pitch later, Crisp goes and takes second (on a strike, obviously).
  • And a walk. Two on, one out. I really question the value of that pitch-out.
  • Indians anouncer mentioning that Escobar isn't really bringing it this inning. The two walks speak for themselves as to his command. Possible that this could be Escobar's last start for a while? I hope the arm isn't acting up again.
  • What the?? I know this thing jumps around a bit (the computer broadcast is occasionally unreliable), but where was I when Broussard homered? Damn!
  • HO-HO-HOSAY!! That's nice to see.
  • I didn't think that was a strike to GA. Admittedly, I might be biased.
  • Broken bat. Infield hit. Wild pitch. One hard hit ball, and just like that, the game is tied.
  • 2nd and 3rd with no one out, and the Angels play the infield back. Tough situation, I guess, but conceding a run when you're offense really, really sucks isn't a very good idea, in my opionion. And it ends up costing a run. We'll see how much it hurts.
  • 10 straight retired by Cliff Lee: Ahhhh, that's the Angels offense I remember. On the bright side, they're already losing, which means this one is pretty much over. At least I won't be missing too much at dinner.

No comments: