Monday, March 06, 2006

A difference of opinion

In a comment to the last post, the Chronicler opines that the video for "Just" by Radiohead is overrated. I obviously disagree, but I'll leave up to you readers to decide. He points us to a video by Japanese duo Cibo Matto for the song "Sugar Water".



Now, I've watched this video, and I'll admit, it's pretty damn cool. It's really kind of hard to describe, so you just have to watch it. However, I have a hard time saying it's better than "Just" when, truth be told, it's not even the best Cibo Matto video. That title belongs to the video (available below) for the Cibo Matto classic "Know Your Chicken" (unfortunately, this one dies about 2/3 of the way through, but you get the gist of it).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree(mostly w/Seitz. "Just" trumps "Sugar Water" but "Know Your Chicken" is just about the best thing I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

I don't really like the song just, but the vid is of course cool