Saturday, September 03, 2005

Angels 4; Mariners 1

Sorry for the late posting on this one, but I was listening to the game on my TV while holding cold compresses on my eyes. My love for playing golf, my seasonal allergies, and the fact that I'm too lazy to see a doctor (and too busy right now, as I type this from work) aren't really compatible.

Congrats to Garret on his record breaking double, and congrats to Vlad on #300. Maybe now he can relax a little bit. The starters continue to be tremendous, and Frankie even looked pretty good on his fourth straight day of work. Something tells me that regardless of the circumstances, he won't be going today.

The fallout of the Payton-Ztu collision the other day has necessitated a Brandon Wood call-up to triple A. There's not much time left in the season, and this could derail his shot at 100 extra base hits. So far the returns, an 0 for 5er, aren't good, but it's great experience. Rob has the round up up on his minor league report.

No comments: