From that universe, I created a playlist of only the songs I really like to listen to, and ended up with about 2,500 songs. I listen to music on the train on the way to work, and with that playlist, I found myself skipping songs a lot if I wasn't in the right mood for what popped up. So I cut that list further, and reduced it to it's current 1,300+ songs.
A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to listen to that whole playlist straight through on shuffle. No skipping. I do this on the way to and from work, and while working out. What will appear here will be whatever popped up on a given morning. Granted, I'm about 400 songs or so into the process, but so be it.
Here's the mix for this morning, in order:
- Something's Burning - the Stone Roses
- Creep (the F-word version) - Radiohead
- Drop It Doe Eyes - Los Campesinos!
- Electricityscape - the Strokes
- Elephant Stone - the Stone Roses
- Gun in the Sun - Wavves
- Company I Keep - White Rabbits
- Receptacle for the Respectable - Super Furry Animals
- Three Women - Stereolab
- When Jokers Attack - The Brian Jonestown Massacre