Monday, March 27, 2006

Cool!

I don't do political stuff here very often, but this is the closest I've ever come to being linked to by a widely read lefty blog. I'm like, only a couple degrees of separation from Atrios!

Anyway, John Cole, who I like 80% of the time, went off his nut about this post by Jane Hamsher (who is a big Spiritualized fan, btw). In it, he accused the "Jane Hamshers of the left" of all sorts of nasty things. Problem is, the things he listed were never actually done by Jane Hamsher, after which John claimed that "the Jane Hamshers of the left" does not include the actual Jane Hamsher. He also implied that Jane had attributed comments to a person who had never actually said them (it's about Washington Post blogger/serial plagiarizer Ben Domenech). Only, Jane never said he said them.

Long story short, Jane got pissed, John refused to admit that he was wrong, and we all had a whale of a time in the comment thread. Jane's post on the dustup included a link to my comment where I called John intellectually dishonest. My comments include links to this blog. The Atrios linked to Jane's post. So like it goes Atrios --> Firedoglake --> My comment on John Cole's site --> Here! That's only four degrees of separation (or is it three, I can't tell?)

So that's my excitement for the day.

**UPDATE**
I try to provide my own take on the situation here, here, here, here, here, here and here. I get some nice ego strokes here, here, here, and here. Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't give credit to the gang at Three Bulls for the term "cobaggery" and to Demogenes Aristophanes for the term ratfuckery.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And to think that I knew you before you were famous.

Anonymous said...

And the Vladi G of the Left's comments to the John Cole of the Right of Center's latest post have finally convinced the nyrev of the Moderate Left to check out this blog. The nyrev of the Moderate Left is glad she did. The nyrevs of the Moderate Left went for coffee, but will surely chime in with their opinions later.

Unknown said...

Shredder, you need to post something new, because my wife has officially declared that you've jumped the shark with all of the comments you linked to in the update.

Sorry, but I have to agree with her.

Seitz said...

Yeah, but most were links to things I posted, so it's just kind of a roundabout way of posting here when you think about it.